Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What?! It's August!!

Ok I can't believe that it's moving on to the middle of August already! What?!  Where did my summer go?!

I made a list of goals at the beginning of the summer and I don't think I've even accomplished half of them!  Not completely my fault as my job schedule turned out to be less than ideal, but what can ya do?!  I have an education to pay for!

I've only been camping once, made s'mores maybe twice, went on maybe three hikes, and went swimming once! I haven't even been to a lake or a reservoir!  What kind of summer is this?!  I was going to become best friends with Logan Canyon, get skinny from all the swimming, and smell like campfire at least once a week.  But alas, that has not happened.

I was hoping to have a summer fling, but we all know where I'm at in the dating scene - nonexistent.  :)  I guess I'm just too awesome for guys to take on dates!

So school starts back up in like 2 1/2 weeks...oh freak I didn't even realize it was that close! Bah! I'm excited to be super busy with studying again, but I will be taking my capstone course which includes my 30 page senior thesis.  I should just accept the fact that my social life is over...I should've accepted that fact at the beginning of the summer when I realized I would be working every night!

I haven't seen my good friend the campus library in months, but we will be getting reacquainted very soon.  And dear Old Main, how I have missed climbing those three flights of stairs to enter my beloved History Department.

But I do still have 2 1/2 weeks left! So now to accomplish floating down the Oneida River, exploring the canyons, camping at least one more time, swimming in a lake or reservoir, finding a man to take me on a date, work on my novel, write a song, move to a new apartment, and order my textbooks!  All while still working most nights...so little time left...

Hopefully the shooting ban is lifted so I can go get some stress relieving target shooting done!!  :)

Oh and there's a rodeo this weekend!!  Happiness!!

*Good Movie:  Newsies  (I get to watch it with some friends tonight!)
*Good Song: (Kissed You) Good Night by Gloriana

No comments:

Post a Comment