Thursday, September 20, 2012

Biology...

Biology...how I hate thee!

Why can't I understand biology?!  This is a question that I have asked myself every time I take one of those dumb classes! 

I'm taking a Plants and Civilization class (Biology 3040) this semester for my depth science requirements.  Yep, it's a real class!

I've been learning all kinds of interesting things...about how flowers get pollinated and fruit develops, how tomatoes and cucumbers are berries, and how peanuts are fruit. (True story!)  So to mix in with all this confusion (why have I been lied to my whole life?!  I thought peanuts were nuts!!), I have to remember the processes of meiosis and mitosis.  What?! I feel like they're kind of the same thing...or maybe that it's just that I don't understand either one!

I can pick apart the American Revolution and identify multiple political, economic, and cultural reasons why we shouldn't have won that war.  I can give you the details of what happened on a field in Gettysburg in the summer of 1863 and the significance of the battle of Antietam, but when you try to get me to remember the different parts of a plant...epic fail!

Why?!  Why why can I not remember these simple things?!

I took a test today...I'm pretty sure I failed it.  So many large words...polysaccharides (what?!), polymers, and endosperm.  Yep...no idea!  Hopefully I'm a good guesser...

I think I better stick with my time lines and old documents...just sayin!

*Good Song: "Ours" by Taylor Swift
*Good Book: "Les Miserables" by Victor Hugo (I'm trying to read it amidst all my homework and work!  And I am loving it!!)

1 comment:

  1. That's how I feel about math! Keep studying, you'll get it. I KNOW you will.

    ReplyDelete