Sunday, July 14, 2013

Is This Real Life?!

Okay...funny story!

Actually, I think it was a little scary...but it's a good story nonetheless!

Okay, so my friend Brittney (this is a different Brittney from my best friend Brittany FYI! Notice the spelling differences haha!!  ;) moved to a new place and I went to her open house party.  It was super fun!  The house is the cutest little house I've ever seen, there were cookies, and tons of people!  I went on the grand tour, grabbed a cookie, and sat on a couch.  This skinny guy with glasses comes and sits by Brittney and I.  He immediately starts cracking blonde jokes.  You know the ones...the lame ones that we've all heard since we were like 5 that aren't even funny...nope, not even a little bit!

Well he is just cracking up like they're the funniest jokes he's ever heard.  Brittney was able to escape, leaving me alone to listen to the guy.  Then he starts telling me how much he loves Harry Potter.  Now that I think of it...he kind of looked like a skinnier version of Harry Potter...or maybe it was just his glasses.

Him: "Do you like Harry Potter?"

Me:  "I actually just saw the movies last year, because I'd never watched them before."

Him with mouth open:  "What?!  That means you probably haven't read the books."

Me:  "I got to the 4th one and didn't finish it because I got bored."

Him with an incredulous look:  "What?!  You need to go read them!  They're so good!"

At this point he starts quoting the movies.  "I can quote every single Harry Potter movie because I love them so much!"  I believe that he probably could.  He was even using different voices for the different characters.

I was so fascinated by this guy, because I couldn't believe that he was real.  I didn't know whether I was supposed to laugh or tell him how cool he was for having all the Harry Potter movies memorized!

Then he says, "I have a girlfriend and I'm going to propose to her in 6 months."

Cool story, bro.  Me:  "How long have you guys been dating?"  Him:  "2 months."  Nice, friend, way to plan ahead!

At which point, he starts quoting Harry Potter again in his little voices.  I just couldn't take it anymore so I had to go get some water.  But I don't think it really mattered that I got up and left because I could still hear him quoting Harry Potter to himself across the room.  I sure hope his girlfriend likes Harry Potter as much as he does!

I feel like that conversation was pretty much the highlight of my night.  Some people are just so funny!

And I will probably never be able to watch Harry Potter again...just sayin...

*Good Song:  C.S. Lewis Song by Brooke Fraser

1 comment:

  1. Well that sounds just like a fun time... Aren't you glad you haven't been dating him for 2 months? :-)

    ReplyDelete