Thursday, July 18, 2013

Lemonade Stands and Nostalgia

I was walking home from work today when I came across some little girls and a lemonade stand. 

They were set up by the sidewalk at the Capitol.  So of course I had to get a cup of lemonade!  I asked them how much they were selling their lemonade for.  They said, "It's free, but we take tips!"  I smiled and pulled out my wallet.  I only had change so I gave them that.  And being the awkward person I am, I ended up spilling half of my change on the sidewalk.  One of the little girls helped me pick it all up and I put it in their little tip jewelry box.

They were so cute and had little signs up on trees along the sidewalk advertising their free lemonade.  It brought me back to the good ol' days when I did the exact same thing.

My sisters and I would set up a little table outside my grandma's house.  Sometimes we sold lemonade and sometimes we sold little bracelets we'd made.  We would get so excited and sit outside for hours hoping that somebody would stop and buy something.  Of course, there was always a sweet old man or one of our aunts that would stop and give us five dollars or something.  We felt like the richest kids!

Those were some good times, my friends.  Being outside, the sun shining, chatting and playing with my sisters while hopefully waiting for somebody to stop.  Going to the store to buy a treat with our 5 dollars we'd earned.

It just made me happy to see other girls having those same experiences.

Life is so great!

*Good Book: Man's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl

No comments:

Post a Comment