Monday, March 10, 2014

Pre-Wedding Mishap

Okay so I only have approximately 4 1/2 more days until I marry my best friend Josh! And I can't even wait!!

But I had a slight mishap yesterday.

Yep. I did.

I asked Josh if we could go on a nice Sunday walk. I love being outside, and I love walking! So I thought it would be a good idea. Josh then suggested that we drive to a park and play catch and then walk around the park. So I agreed - anything to get outside in the nice weather.

So we go to the park, and we start tossing a ball back and forth.

We joked about how terrible it would be if one of us got a black eye or something since we only have a few days before the wedding.

I think we should've knocked on wood.

Josh throws me a pop fly (which I love!), and I go to get under it. I'm all lined up thinking that I'm going to make a great catch. I close my mitt and realize that I closed it too soon. The ball bounced off my mitt and right into my lip.

Yep...right into my face.

Josh came over to see if I was okay, all the while telling me that it didn't look that bad.

But my lip was bleeding, and all I could see were wedding pictures of me with a big fat lip.

I felt my lip and it didn't feel that big. So we played catch a little longer and went for a walk. When we finally got back to the apartment, I went to check on the damage.

Oh my gosh, my lip was huge! I had a little bit of a freakout! Poor Josh, just sitting there telling me that I was still beautiful while I was trying to cover my mouth with my hands.

"Just don't look at it! It's huge!" I kept saying. But we didn't have any ice. So I put some spoons in the freezer to make them cold. Josh was so wonderful and went and got me an ice pack (and some popsicles because they taste better than an ice pack! haha)

I woke up this morning, and my lip was much smaller. But there is a little bruise on my face by my lip. And you can still tell that my lip is swollen. Let's just hope that it's all better by Friday so I don't scar our future children for life every time they look at our wedding photos! :/

Note: Don't play catch the week before you get married.

But I still get to marry Josh this weekend! So even a fat lip can't put a damper on that fact! :)

*Good Song: Let It Be Me by Ray LaMontagne

No comments:

Post a Comment