Friday, June 6, 2014

The Job Hunt and Married Life!

So quick update: I didn't need to have my tooth pulled, and all the work on it will be completely finished next week! :) So happy day!

Okay, so let's talk about looking for jobs. I have been actively looking and applying for jobs since before my internship ended. I have a bachelor's degree and a year of full-time work experience. But for some reason, it is super hard to even get interviews right now! I've been applying for secretary jobs, jobs that work with first-generation college students, museum jobs, and teaching jobs (to see if I could possibly get my teaching certification through the state). And I have had a total of two interviews! Two...

So what are my options?!

I could always go back to the jobs that I specifically went to college to avoid...cleaning, waitressing, customer service, sales...

But then I think to myself, "I am a college graduate, and I did not work my bum off for 4 years to go back to waiting tables!"

And then I feel like I'm being a little snobbish...

Because those aren't bad jobs...but they're just not what I want to do.

I love to read and think and write and learn! And I would love it if I could find a job where I could do those things. But oh well!

I'm loving the married life! Josh is just working away, and I am always looking for jobs, cleaning the house, and trying to decide what to do with my life! :)

So if anybody knows of any good jobs, let me know! Life is pretty great!

No comments:

Post a Comment