Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Passion is History!!

Have I mentioned on here how much I love studying history?? I'm pretty sure that I have!! But I really do. I'm working on an assignment for one of my history classes that's given me a chance to look at a lot of primary sources. I'm studying the role of African Americans in the American Civil War. They're so often overlooked even though the Civil War was a result of the conflict over slavery. I really loved just looking at pictures from the time, reading journals, newspaper articles, etc. I really think that I want to go into research. Would it be tedious? Maybe, but the people come alive! I love it!

I think that's part of the reason I adore the Book of Mormon and the Bible so much too. It's not only stories of people, but how they were able to follow Heavenly Father's plan. I can connect to those people so well because the questions they had are the same questions I have! And they found the answers through prophets, scripture, and their own experiences with the Spirit. Then they wrote it down so we could learn from it too! That's what history is all about - learning from others' experiences! Love it!!

So I've become addicted to Pinterest...just today, but I've already spent far too much time on it...especially because I have a Spanish test tomorrow! :/

*Good Song: Life Ain't Always Beautiful by Gary Allan
*Good Book: The Infinite Atonement by Tad R Callister

1 comment: