Monday, December 24, 2012

My Favorite Part of Christmas!

I think that Christmas Eve is my very favorite part of Christmas!

I always like to take a little bit of time on Christmas Eve to ponder on the birth and life of my Savior Jesus Christ.  What a beautiful time!  I imagine the anticipation of His birth, just as we all experience the anticipation of Christmas morning.  Then I think of my own anticipation for the time when I will get to stand before Him.

Christmas Eve is when we have our Christmas Eve program.  Some of my family members put together a program of Christmas music to remember the birth of the Savior.  Then we have soup for dinner with my extended family that's here.  That's what Christ's coming was all about - families being together forever.  Because He came and lived and died and was resurrected, we can all be resurrected as well - to live with our families forever!  That means absolutely everything to me!

Christmas is a beautiful day full of presents and more family time, but I really think that Christmas Eve is my favorite.  The excitement, the gratitude, the peace, having these small moments that remind me of how much the Savior loves me - and how much He loves all of us.  Christmas comes to mean more to me every single year.

Happy Christmas Eve!  And Merry Christmas tomorrow!  May we all feel the peace that only Christ can give and recognize how much He loves us!  He - the very Son of God - came to earth.  And because He did, we can become so much more than we will ever be on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment