Friday, January 25, 2013

Winter and School!

I, Anna Marie, have made it through 2 months of ice and snow without falling once!

Oh, there were plenty of close calls.  But I have managed to stay on my feet - not always firmly - but on my feet nonetheless.  The fog made me want to stay inside this morning, but I forged courageously ahead to attend my two classes for the day!  I didn't think I would survive, but I did!  Now only to survive until the snow stops falling...

School is going well.  I always have mountains of reading and I fall behind more and more with each week that passes.  But as long as I stay on top of my papers and assignments, that's all that matters!!

Classes for this semester:

History of Christianity:  Love it!  Informative and thought provoking, but it challenges me and I love being challenged in my historical thinking!

Archaeology of North America:  It's archaeology!  Who wouldn't love it?!

Native Peoples of the Southwest:  Awesome!  It's native culture of my area!  I grew up exploring the mountains and visiting Indian sites, so learning more about their cultures is fun!  Even though the professor spends the first half of the class telling us about his favorite books on the subject...(but that gives me a chance to either A) zone out or B) sleep!)

Perspectives on Race:  This class gets me all kinds of riled up.  I'm a pretty opinionated person, especially when it comes to race and such.  I think that we are all people and the fact that people are either A) racist or B) throw the racist card around when race has nothing to do with it, just drives me crazy!  And since we are a mixed class of liberals and conservatives and everything in between, I'm usually pretty upset by the end of it.  But it's good for me - makes me think!

Deductive Logic: What?!  Why do I have to write out symbolic sentences when I can write out real ones?!  That's all I have to say about that!

And my favorite of all the game ------- History 2700: American History to 1877
I'm an undergraduate teaching fellow for this class, so I just help the professor out!  And I love it!  Those students are not even going to know what's going on when I have study sessions.  Because I love history and they will probably never see anybody as excited as I am about it!

Now to just find a job or an internship for after graduation...so if anybody hears of anything good let me know!!

With all that's been happening, I've only been able to make it through Episode 1 of Ken Burns' The Civil War...sad day!

*Good Song: Autumn Leaves by Ed Sheeran



No comments:

Post a Comment