Thursday, May 9, 2013

Big City Living!

Hahaha, me in a big city...

This is great!

I find a strange comfort in seeing pickup trucks driving around Salt Lake.  Maybe there are more country people than I realize.

Also I live near this really beautiful park that has dirt trails going up into a canyon.  The trail is right along the river and just beautiful!  I went exploring there yesterday.  My mom went with me and we wanted to cross the river at one point.  So what did we do?!  We took off our shoes and waded across the river!  After walking up the trail about 3 minutes, we realized there was a bridge!  Haha!  Oh well!  Wading across the river is much more fun than walking across a bridge!

We got lost trying to find a store, but that's because my GPS took us to a random place in the middle of a residential area!  :)

I smiled and said hello to a few strangers when we walked past.  A couple of them seemed really friendly.  Maybe the city won't be so bad after all!

The girl I replaced in the house I'm living in invited me to go get Thai food with her the other night too.  So I've made a new friend!  She's really great!  And I love Thai food! 

In all, I have determined that this whole city living isn't going to be so bad!  I even know a place where I can go shooting!  Give me a place to hike and a place to shoot and I'll be happy as can be!  :)

*Good Song:  Kiss Me in the Dark by Randy Rogers Band

No comments:

Post a Comment