Thursday, May 2, 2013

AAAHH!!

Almost six years ago I packed up my little Toyota Corolla with my clothes and my keyboard and made the six hour drive to Logan Utah by myself.  The only person I knew here was my cousin Megan.  I remember being absolutely terrified.  I cried on the long drive, knowing that my life was never going to be the same.  Friendships would change and I had no idea what it was like to live in the world outside of my beloved small town.

Haha!  It still makes me smile when I think about how I didn't know how to find street addresses when I first came here to school.  I'd never had to use them in my little town.  I'm still pretty good at getting lost though.  So I guess that hasn't changed much in the past six years...even though I've had a lot more practice! :)

Almost four years ago I packed the same Corolla and made the long drive back to my hometown.  I was getting ready to go on a mission to Australia.  I cried on the long drive knowing that everything was going to change.  My friends would be graduated or married by the time I got back.  I was scared, but those 18 months were some of the most incredible months of my life!

Almost two years ago I made the long drive back to Logan to finish up my education.  I was so nervous then too.  Would I make friends?  Would people think I was weird after being on a mission?  The only person I knew that was still here was my little brother Jason.  He set me up with some pretty awesome roommates and I met my very best friend, Brittany.

Now I'm about to pack up my little Corolla again.  (I've had the little guy for a long time!)  The drive isn't as long as it is to my beautiful little town, but I'm just as nervous as I've been at other crossroads in my life.  But I know that this is the start to something incredible!  I've been nervous every time I've started something new.  But every single adventure has turned out to be so fantastic!

So I think I'm ready for another one!  Because this adventure is going to be just as or even more incredible than the other ones I've had!

*Good Song: Hearts on Fire by Passenger and Ed Sheeran

No comments:

Post a Comment