Sunday, June 2, 2013

Highlights!

I have now lived in Salt Lake City for a month.  What?!  That went by fast!  In honor of this, here is a list of highlights!!

1. I bought a table.  Yes...I did!  It's wood with red trim and has mismatched chairs!  But I think it's cute!

So here's the story.  I bought it from a lady in Ogden.  I didn't really think much about how I was going to get it back to my house, but I was sure I could figure it out!  I get to the house, like the table, pay for it, and the lady asks me if I think it will fit in the back seat of my car....my little Toyota Corolla...  "Maybe?  We can try!"  So we carry it out to my car and we move it around and adjust the seats...and the table hangs out the door a couple of inches.  No way was that car door closing.  Then the lady comes up with a genius idea!  "If you don't mind, we can tie your door shut."  Do I mind?!  Of course I don't mind!  I'm a country girl, mate!  So we tie that door shut, I fit the four chairs in my car, and off I went.

So if you saw a little Toyota with a table hanging out the backseat driving down the freeway...I'm pretty sure that it was me!  (I also realized later that I'd forgotten to get the legs...but no worries!  They are now safely in my possession!)

2.  I almost get run over by Asians when I walk to work.

Haha!  Okay, so there is always a big tour bus full of Asians visiting the Capitol building...every single time I walk to and from work.   I almost get run over by them sometimes.  They're taking pictures and not really paying attention to anything.  But I love those awkward little moments.  "Oh sorry" as I'm sidestepping the collision.  They say something in whichever Asian language they're speaking and keep taking pictures.

But I love that I can rely on my Asian tour bus friends to be there, every single day!

3.  I finally went country swing dancing here!

So I don't know hardly anybody and I didn't know anybody going dancing.  But I still wanted to go!  So what did I do?!  I went!  By myself!  And had an awesome time!

Two funny things happened:  a) I was dancing with this attractive man who was really good.  Then he dipped me...and flung me back up just hard enough for my face to meet his shoulder...haha!  But don't worry!  No serious injuries!  b) I danced with this other guy and we had exchanged names at the beginning.  At the end he asked, "It was Anna, right?"  "Yes," I replied.  "And you're Todd?!"  He gave me a death look.  "It's Tom."  More death stares.  Me:  "Oh, I'm sorry! I was close though! Haha."  More death stares with awkward silence.  Okay...I'm just going to leave now.  I mean come on!  It's one letter difference!  And the music was loud!  So Tom...or Todd...or whatever is name was...will probably never ask me to dance again!  But it's fine!

4.  I finally went to Zupa's.  My dear friends, you need to go try their sandwiches!  They are soooo good!  It's like sandwich heaven!  Loved it!!

So there you have it...the highlights of my month!  Also, Utah Highway Patrol always has some cops hanging out around the Capitol Building.  I should probably bring them some cookies or something...I feel like just sitting in a patrol car watching the Capitol building wouldn't be very exciting.  And it's never a bad idea to be on the good side of law enforcement, right?!  :)

*Good Song: Just A Fool by Christina Aguilera and Blake Shelton   (I know right?!  Who ever thought they would sing a song together?!  Well it's true my friends!  They sing it!  Together!)




No comments:

Post a Comment