Thursday, June 6, 2013

Yes...I Do Have Blonde Hair

Okay, so I've had a couple of mishaps this week.

Yep, it's true.  I know that doesn't come as a surprise to most of you (the few people that actually read my blog! You know who you are!)

So let's start with mishap number one.

The Table

I know I've had my table for like a month now, but I finally got around to actually putting it together. I went to the store twice, buying pliers both times to see if I could get the nuts off the bolts.  Every time I tried, the whole bolt would spin with the nut and it wasn't coming off!  My brother-in-law kindly gave me a ratchet set, claiming it would get the job done.

So enter my trusty best friend Brittany.  She came to my house last weekend and kindly agreed to help me put together my table.  Even with the ratchet the whole bolt was still moving.  So Brittany used her strong muscles (and a pair of my pliers! Those trips to the store weren't useless after all!) to hold the bolt. And I used my strong muscles to use the ratchet and we finally got all the bolts and nuts unattached from each other.  I was so excited to be putting my table together!  I put the legs on and set the table up!

The next morning I awoke to an epiphany.

I had put the legs on wrong!

How did I do that?!  I put the bolts facing outward instead of inward.  I don't know why I thought it would be attractive to have the bolts all facing outward!  In fact, that's probably dangerous!  But yep! That's what I did...not only to one leg...but all four!  Wow...just wow...it's like I've never put anything together before!  That reminds me of the time I put a bookcase together when I was 20...but we won't talk about that!

So I tried desperately to fix it, but once again, I was alone!  And not strong enough to get the nuts and bolts separated.  Too bad I don't have a strong man to come help me!  But then he'd know how dumb I am sometimes...I just can't win with this one!  :)

Chapstick

So I'm pretty much addicted to Chapstick.  I always have a tube or two in my purse or my pocket.  Well last night I was in a hurry to get my laundry done because I had gone to the temple, it was like 9 and I needed to get ready for bed.  So I threw my skirt that I'd been wearing in with my laundry.  I was able to get it all in the dryer by the time I went to bed.  I was so proud of myself for getting everything accomplished that I'd needed to!

I woke up this morning and went to get my laundry out of the dryer.  I hear a small clatter.  I looked down and to my horror, I saw my Chapstick...in the dryer!  I pulled it out and took off the lid.  No more Chapstick in the tube.  I carefully started inspecting my clothes and found exactly where that Chapstick had ended up...all over half my clothes! 

The tube was almost gone anyway!  How did that little bit of Chapstick manage to get all over my clothes?!  Bah!  So I've been spending my time this afternoon trying to get stains out of my clothes. 

I guess if all else fails, it just means I get to go on a shopping spree to replace all my ruined clothes!

So now I have Chapstick stained clothes and a table that is put together all wrong.  Yep...it's been a good week!  At least I get to go country swing dancing tonight!!

Sometimes I worry about myself!  :)

*Good Song: Congratulations by Blue October

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... Tim learned in the Army and other things that he has done that you need to 'pay attention to details.' Doesn't it annoy you when things like that happen? :-D I hope you had fun dancing and remembered names better this time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete