Sunday, June 9, 2013

Loving the City!

My weekend was great!

Brittany and my friend Ashley came to visit me on Friday night.  We went to Cheesecake Factory with our friend Matt and it was just glorious!  Our waiter was clearing our dishes when a little container filled with some kind of sauce fell off a plate and landed on the ground.  The sauce shot out of the container and landed on a man's arm at another table!  What?!  It was crazy!  The man was at least 5 feet away.  Haha!  The waiter felt so bad! 

So Brittany and I left him our numbers to make him feel better!  :)

Saturday was just as great!  Brittany and I went to a little deli called Toasters.  And it was delicious!  Such a cute little place!  I finally got a baseball mitt and Brittany and I played catch on the Capitol Building lawn for a little while.

Then Brit decided she wanted some frozen yogurt.  And I am always up for frozen yogurt my friend.  So I googled frozen yogurt places on my phone and found a place called ConeUcopia.  With a name like that, we knew we had to try it!





Well, as it turns out, ConeUcopia actually didn't have frozen yogurt.  But it was awesome!  The little shop was really small and the owner was the only one working.  It turns out that this man makes his own ice cream by hand, complete with the rock salt and ice and everything!  The only other customer and her child were talking to the owner and suggested we try the banana chocolate chip flavor.  So I did!  And it was amazing!  Everybody should probably go try it, cuz it's good!

After we finished there we realized there was another little joint just two doors down.  So Brittany and I decided to try that one too!  We got a raspberry lemonade cupcake shake to share.  It was also incredibly delicious!  We've made a goal to try a new place every time we hang out.




I really think that the best places are the small ones that not very many people know about.  Sure, you can google things to do in Salt Lake, but I feel like you'll always get the big tourist-y things that everybody does.  I think that the real heart of living in a place is getting to know the quirky little places.  So my friends, I am on a quest - to love living in a city! 

I know!  This is a huge step for me!  But if I'm going to be living in the big city, I might as well make the most of it!  So if you know of any awesome little places around Salt Lake, whether they're food places, little museum places, small parks, or anything else awesome, let me know!  Because I want to experience them all!!

*Good Song:  Somewhere There's A Mountain from Nashville Tribute to the Trek

No comments:

Post a Comment