Sunday, October 21, 2012

Changes, Fall, and Life!

Yesterday I was driving around Logan trying to find me a good pair of snow boots.  While I was driving, I was loving the sight of fall leaves - some on the ground, still plenty on the trees.  I feel like fall is such a beautiful time of year!

But then I realized that every time of the year is beautiful!

There's summer when everything is sunny and bright and happy!  The trees have their green leaves on them lookin' all pretty and such.  Then comes fall - the colors change, but it's even more beautiful.  Then those beautiful leaves are gone and the trees are barren for awhile.  They don't look very pretty at times.  Then the cold winter comes.  And even though it's cold, there's still an incredible beauty in bald trees lined with crystal snow.  And finally, after months of bitter cold and empty limbs, new life starts!  Little shoots of green start to appear and the green leaves look even more beautiful than they did the last time we saw them!

Here comes more of my thinking...  :)  I feel like sometimes I'm in a beautiful stage of life - I love everything about it and I'm so happy!!  But then it starts to change, I start to lose some of those beautiful things (or people depending on the situation).  It's like the leaves falling to the ground and I feel bare, and alone, and sometimes not all that attractive!  :)  I go through a bitter winter of sorts - but there is still beauty in the pain!  Just like those ugly bare trees become beautiful through the snow, even in the times of trial there are beautiful things!!  How can I appreciate the new green leaves in the spring if I don't experience the beauty of the winter?!  Sometimes the winter is longer than I want it to be and spring doesn't come as quickly as I want it, but it does come.  It always comes!  

So that is what I need to remind myself of when I start to focus on the baldness of the trees instead of the beautiful glistening snow!  Appreciate every stage of life...even when it's hard!  Or maybe - especially when it's hard!!

*Good Movie:  Glory
*Good Song: I Will Wait by Mumford and Sons

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty profound. And such a great explanation of life!

    ReplyDelete