Friday, October 5, 2012

Adventures of Being Clumsy!

I'm pretty sure that I've mentioned on here before how clumsy I am.  Well, do I have a story for you!

It was Tuesday, October 2nd, 2012 approximately 8:12 am.  I was running a little late for my archaeology lab class.  I also had to return four history books to the library.  A heavy backpack + my little legs moving too quickly + my clumsiness....it's just a recipe for disaster!

There's this apple tree just east of my apartment next to the sidewalk.  And this sidewalk is pretty crazy!  So now that I've set the scene, let's continue.

There I am with my stubby little legs working their fastest, the weight of my backpack propelling me forward when all of a sudden my foot hits the edge of this crazy sidewalk that's all uneven and whatnot.  I feel myself falling forward and my backpack swings to the right and with all my speed my right knee goes skidding on the sidewalk.

What's the first thing you do when you're in this situation?! Yep!  Look around and make sure that nobody saw you fall!  So that's what I did.  Then I feel this stinging sensation in my knee.  So I look down and at first, I think to myself, "Oh, it's fine!"  But then it starts bleeding!!  "Oh great!" I thought.  "Now what?!"

My thoughts turn to my faithful sidekick and best friend Brittany!  So I call her up and ask her if she'll give me a ride to class and bring me some Band Aids!  And she does.  I didn't even take time to clean my wound...because I was late for class k?!  I just slap three Band Aids on there and I'm good to go!  Bad idea...

The next day, the plasma (I finally found out what it was!) was leaking through my Band Aid so I decided it was time to change my wound dressings.  :)

It took me 30 minutes to get those dang Band Aids off!! I was running my knee under water, but those Band Aids were so stuck to my scrape!  And it hurt to just rip them off! (I'm such a baby, it's true...but I really hate pain!)  So what did I do?!  I grabbed my ninja star knife that I'd gotten for my birthday and I cut those stupid Band Aids off!  Okay, so I only cut one off...the middle one because it was stuck the worst!  (I realize that sentence structure was terrible, but you know what I'm sayin?!)

But the worst part of the whole situation is that this wound scraped off my favorite scar!  What?! A scar that I'd gotten from another tripping incident (but that one I tripped on my shoe lace when I was like 9 or something).  If I'm going to get scar inducing wounds like this one, why couldn't it have happened on my other knee?!  Then I would have scars on both knees!

Now I'll just have one big one on my right knee...where my favorite scar used to be...  :/

But don't worry, I made it to class on time!!

1 comment:

  1. I hate it when things like that happen! Fortunately, (except when I wrecked my bike in front of Greg and Jaimie Jensen), the last twice I fell down, I was out in the hills and behind who I was walking with and they didn't see it. :-) But they DID hear it!

    ReplyDelete