Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Graduating, Moving, and What the heck am I going to do with my life?!

I am graduating!!

 

That's right...with a Bachelor of Arts in History with minors in Music and Anthropology.

I have taken my nerdiness to the extreme by having two minors!  And it added a couple of extra semesters onto my education!  But it's fine!  The day is finally (almost) here!!

I find myself having the occasional mental freakout.  Am I ready for the adult world of real jobs and responsibilities?!  What do I truly want to do with my life?  What kind of person do I want to be?  And how am I, a quirky, country, small-town girl, going to make any kind of difference in this world?

My four years at Utah State have been incredible!  I've learned so much about myself, about the people around me, and about the world that I live in.  So much more than the education I've received though are the people I've met along the way.

Goodbyes are always hard for me.  And being here at Utah State has brought me a plethora of goodbyes - childhood friends and first loves, incredible professors, friends who graduate or get married and move, and even death has separated me from some incredible people.  How are there so many incredible people in this world?!  I've learned so much from so many people that I've met on this insane journey!

Soon there will be more goodbyes.  To Logan, to my fantastic friends who are staying here, to the person I've been as an undergraduate, to professors who have helped shape my education.

But with those goodbyes will come so many more hellos!!  What does the future hold?!  Nothing but more incredible people, more joy, and more to learn!  I can't wait to see what life has in store for me next!!  :)

Stay tuned for more adventures of me living in the big city!!  :/



*Good Song: Let Her Go by Passenger

1 comment: