Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Ramblings on Dating

I am single.

Yes, it's true.  I am 24, single, and living in Utah.  I may be considered a social outcast to some, but single life is great! 

I decided that in honor of my singleness I am going to blog about dating today!  Because dating is so fun!  Er...something like that!

I started going on dates when I was 16.  My mind was filled with the idea of boyfriends, hand holding, and late night phone conversations!  Did that actually happen?!  Well no, I was a short, slightly chunky, history and music nerd!  So what did my dating life consist of?!

Blind dates.

Yep...blind dates!  I am the queen of blind dates!

Not only were boys not flocking to me, but I also lived in a small town where I was related to half of the dating pool!  So being the one without a date usually led to good friends trying to set me up on blind dates.  Some of them were fun and some of them...well, they just weren't!

I've been ditched by my date for another girl, spent a whole day with a boy that I discovered (within the first few minutes) completely annoyed me, ignored by dates, and been on dates with boys I had nothing in common with!

Post-high school wasn't much better!  I fell in love with my best friend even though we lived far away from each other and he wasn't interested in me like that.  I didn't go on a single date my freshman year!

Sophomore year of college was a little better.  I almost dated a guy that was a few years older than me, but he turned out to be quite the jerk!  Good thing I didn't go there...  :)

Took a break and served a mission!!

Post-mission:  I seem to attract unmotivated/overconfident men!  Most of the men I've gone on dates with since I've been home have been really nice.  But they're either 27 and living with their parents, or they think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread!

Then on the other hand, there are the men that I think are completely fantastic.  But things just don't work out!

So what can I learn from my small range of dating experiences?!

Dating is great and sometimes it sucks!  It's hard trying to find somebody that you want to spend time with...and then hoping that they want to spend time with you!  But it's all a beautiful learning experience!

Have I had my heart broken?  Yes

Have I cried over men I can't have?  Yes, but who hasn't?!

But in the end, it's better to try new things than to regret it later.  Might as well get to know as many people as you can and discover some things about yourself along the way!  The more painful the experiences, the more beautiful it will be when love finally comes my way!!  :)

Sure, most of my friends are married and having babies!  But I get to flirt with a plethora of attractive young men!  And I still have my history books and music!  :)

And it's country swing dancing night!!  Who knows what could happen?!  :)

*Good Song: Defying Gravity from Wicked Soundtrack

No comments:

Post a Comment